Are you flossing correctly for the maximum benefit? Dental floss is an extremely important part of your oral health care daily regime, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot reach. If for any reason your flossing habits are poor and cannot be corrected, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of the top tips and techniques for dental floss, see the list below:
– Look for dental cleaning products such as dental floss and other similar interdental cleaners that have been awarded the ADA Seal of Acceptance for proven safety and effectiveness.
– Stick to one use per strand with all dental floss products.
– For each flossing session, use a strand roughly 18 inches in length.
– Never skip flossing day, as it is important to floss between your teeth every day for 2-3 minutes per session.
– Stick to single filament thread, as it is known to be shred resistant and can ensure a full clean.
If you are showing signs of damaged or decayed teeth, come visit North Pointe Dental Care for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Jason Brown and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Naperville, Illinois, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 630-245-0200. We will get you back to smiling once more!